JLINC stands for JSON-LD Link Contracts
* JSON-LD provides a graph data language to serialize data in contexts
* JLINC is signed with standard PKI (public-private key cryptography)
* Public key look-up can be performed on any combination of databases, distributed ledgers, or blockchains, specified by any of the parties
* Standard contracts can be hosted by 3rd parties at published URLs, where a hash of the contract is contained in the URL
* A signed hash of each data exchange transaction is recorded on all of the databases, logs, ledgers, or blockchains, specified by any of the parties
A cryptographically signed chain of custody and contractual agreement provides "data provenance" that can be used to support a wide range of data exchange on the Internet, from shared PII, to B2B contracts, to IoT, FinTech, medical, news, content and distributed social.