JLINC stands for JSON-LD Link Contracts
* JSON-LD provides a graph data language to serialize data in contexts
* JLINC is signed with standard PKI (public-private key cryptography)
* Public key look-up can be performed on any combination of databases, distributed ledgers, or blockchains, specified by any of the parties using one of the first actual working implementations of the new W3C DID-spec for digital identifiers
* Standard contracts can be hosted by 3rd parties at published URLs, where a hash of the contract is contained in the URL
* A signed hash of each data exchange transaction is recorded on all of the databases, logs, ledgers, or blockchains, specified by any of the parties
* Open Internet protocol held by a foundation at JLINC.org
A cryptographically signed chain of custody and contractual agreement provides "data provenance" that can be used to support a wide range of data exchange on the Internet, from shared PII, to B2B contracts, to IoT, FinTech, supply chain, medical, news, content and distributed social.